Saturday, February 20, 2010

And a one two three.....


Sooooo. Hi everyone, welcome to my blog and my journey as the Wicked Witch with AFT's Wizard of Oz. Let me start by saying that I've felt like a crackhead looking for a hit for awhile, my drug being theatre. Just thinking...."I just need to do a show, just one show..." Well, I finally got my hit :) Being back in rehearsals feels so good. My feet hurt cause my shoes are too small, but it stills feels nice.
I checked into the hotel Thursday afternoon, at first thinking that the taxi took me to the wrong hotel since it doesn't look anything like the one on their website, but then I walked in the door and there was a nice sign welcoming The Wizard of Oz...and other shows that aren't as important, of course. I officially met everyone Friday morning and then we were off to the rehearsal studio...driving in our brand new van...it even still smells new.
I get to spend a lot of quality time with the Wizard and Glinda since we don't do much in the show. I think that will all change when we start moving set pieces.
Like I said earlier my shoes are a bit too small. I'm not on my feet too much, but I'm not sure my feet will last for 3 months, luckily there is a dance store close to the studio where I can pick up a new pair. Which means if you count the flip-flops, and character shoes I will have packed 6 pairs of shoes....what's a girl to do?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Lexa!

    You can always send one pair home . . . ;-}
    Sounds fun--keep posting!
    XXXOOO Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete